Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So, you've never seen snow?

You know when you start somewhere new or start school and they ask you something about yourself? Well, I always said, "Well, I've never seen snow." When my friend who I help out with watching her kids and being her personal assistant heard that one she said, "We have to change that." I thought she was kidding, at least the "we" part. However, three months later I get a phone call asking if I can 1. get a passport and 2. would I mind missing Christmas and New Years with my family to come with her and the family to Whistler to help with the kids. As soon as I figured out how to do the passport in three days thing, I answered with an enthusiastic "YES!"
Since I don't want to show pictures of the kids and their parents, the pictures to share dwindled down quite a bit. However, this trip was the trip of a lifetime.

We went dog sledding...

Traveled around Whistler town...






 
The youngest and I would go to the playground to play while the kids were at ski school... (this picture was taken at night when we walked by after dinner. We would go here right before lunch usually)


Intertubing down the mountains...



Decorated the hotel room for Christmas...


Played in the pool (no pictures from that since they're all with the kids)...
(Here's a picture of me stoked on the snow to make up for no pool pictures)

And saw the Olympic rings...

Oh and we traveled to the tops of the mountains. We went on the Peak-to-Peak which is the longest gondola ride. It goes from Whistler Mountain to Blackcomb Mountain. It was beautiful. And also, since I'm scared of heights... really scary.



This was an amazing experience and one I will never forget. I'm forever grateful to the amazing friends I have who took me with them for the holidays so I could have two firsts-snow and leaving the country.

Oh and P.S. the first picture is from when we first got out of the bus taking us from Vancouver to Whistler and was my first experience playing with snow and watching snow fall.

No comments: