Monday, August 1, 2011

Nanny Diaries: Whistler Edition

Email to my family on 12/18/10:
The day started CRAZY! I fell asleep around 7:30 last night (so 5:30 Hawaii time-CRAZY) and I woke up around 7:30am and everyone was awake and running around. Apparently the kids have to be at ski school at 7:45ish so it was a craze.

Then the hard part, parents going up the mountain and me staying with S. She. Threw. A. Fit.

I swear people thought I was kidnapping her. We had to go to the grocery store to pick up some stuff and the people there were all really nice and super helpful because I had a toddler throwing a temper tantrum screaming, “MOMMY! I WANT DADDY! I WANT MOMMY! I WANT DADDY!” interspersed with her sing/crying “you better not cry Santa Claus is coming to town” getting yelled out at me. This caused the guy stocking an aisle to sing the song for her. It didn’t help. She just stared at him like he was nuts. Looking back, funny. At the time, not one bit.

Then outside the store, in the middle of the square, walking IN THE SNOW she throws her boots and socks off from the stroller.

And refused to put them back on.

Which resulted in me running through the town back to the hotel to get her inside with groceries, carrying her in my hands, and pushing a stroller. Not to brag, but I’m pretty impressed that I pulled that one off. She napped for all of 10 minutes before she wanted to go play in snow.

No comments: