Tuesday, August 9, 2011

5 Favorite Oahu Boutiques

If you come to visit you should go! They're the best. I love places where you know the owners and they know what you like and you walk in and they say, "Nakita! I have something that will look fabulous on you! AND it's on sale!" (because they know I don't buy anything unless it's marked down)

1. Drift Boutique.



They're amazing. Laura and Ale-the owners, are two awesome ladies who give me the best fashion advice and they're so talented! A lot of the stuff in the store are things they've made and designed. Recycled and chic. My two favorite things.

2. Pualani Bikinis.



There are two locations. One in Kailua and one in the Kaimana Otani Hotel. Both carry mostly the same things but my favorite is the Kailua location. These bikinis are well worth every penny. Best quality bikini you will ever buy. And it's easy to find parking and the owner Lauren is as sweet as can be.

3. In My Closet.



The two ladies who own it, I'm not sure what their names are, but I really should. Almost all my clothing is from them. Different from my beach-y attire, they're more chic and edgy. I love their stuff. Best part-they always have an awesome sales rack. I've only bought one thing full price there-my birthday dress for my 21st birthday. Other than that, sales rack is key!

4. Oogenesis.



This store is in Haleiwa and while I don't actually own anything from here, I fall in love with so many different things every time I walk through. If you have a couple hundred dollars to drop on a dress-this is the place to do it!

5. Local Motion in Koko Marina.



While this is NOT a boutique but a chain surf store around the islands, I absolutely adore this store. I don't really leave Hawaii Kai anymore and so if I feel like window shopping and just looking at cute stuff, I wander through after I get my afternoon coffee. Usually I pick up a new Sun Bum chapstick. The guys who work here are super nice and if you don't want to drive far, they'll order you whatever you want (for me it was a Tiffany blue and white Billabong beach umbrella). They're really awesome and if you're on vacation here, stop by on your way out to Hanauma Bay. :)

1 comment:

Pseudo said...

My little travel blogger has surpassed her mommy.